Wednesday 21 April 2010

British Air Space

As I was sat here eating my breakfast I happened to glance out of the window and up at the sky. British Air Space looks to be well and truly open. The sky is criss crossed with vapour trails. I hope air traffic control are on the ball, that's a lot of planes in the air trying to get travellers to their destinations.





Finished my little beaded trinket. This will go off on it's own flying adventure very soon. I hope my friend will like it.



I have completed six blocks so far from the Farmer's Wife book and they are coming along nicely. I think I may get more blocks than I thought with the addition of a few fat quarters to eke out the charm squares. So far it hasn't even made a dent in the pile. I may even get a reasonable sized quilt from it. For anyone interested, there is a yahoo group making this quilt on line and you can go over there and see what everyone else is doing. I also believe that there is another book planned for next year.



I am off sewing today and I am looking forward to catching up and doing a bit more sewing.

Happy stitching

Love Shirl.x

8 comments:

  1. Well all those jetstreams will make all those disgruntled traveller happy. Our national airline Qantas said they were not going to consider flying until tomorrow?

    I am sure your beaded treasure will be well recieved and I love those blocks you have made! Have fun at sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your farmer's wife blocks are looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how the different fabrics give the quilt a different character. They are basically the same blocks that I have posted but they have a completely different feel to them. You will have a beautiful quilt and lots of pleasure making it. The beading is beautiful and is a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks and trinket is very sweet and your blocks are coming along. Good to see the worlsd is moving again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That didn't quite make sense I got distracted. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that little beaded trinket. I like your blocks. it's colour combos that make our quilts so individual..pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it is business as usual..and the vapour trails are back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new blocks Shirley - how many more to go?

    ReplyDelete