Friday 25 November 2011

Lush Knits

A few weeks back I went to the Autumn Quilt Show at Malvern with Kate and Margaret. It was a great day out, did a spot of shopping and saw some lovely quilts. Sadly, we are no longer allowed to show you them but this display I loved and have permission to show you.

These mini quilts are the brainchild of Sandie Lush. Sandie is one of our top quilters and has won many awards for her craft. These little quilts are made to look like sweaters and you really do have to see them up close and personal to appreciate the attention to detail. All the quilts come with labels that say Lush Knits and are sewn in to the neckband.









I bought a couple of patterns from Sandie and she said to me "Shirley, I do need to see those patterns made up and finished", before I could reply there was a very loud guffaw from Kate and quite a few heads turned to see what was happening. Did I say that Kate was my friend!!! Thankfully Sandie didn't set me a deadline or a challenge.

Outside of the hall I managed to capture the fabulous colours in the trees.



Happy stitching.

Love Shirley.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing quilts. How rude to infer you are a non finisher. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Sandie's disply at Harrogate, it was certainly stunning. Look forward to seeing your completed one eventually - no pressure! Beautiful trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing quilts - I'm pleased you were able to share those photos. I look forward to seeing your new patterns - in whatever state they are in - unfinished or not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those quilts are very novel. They look so real. Enjoy your quilting in your own time,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, they really do like jumpers! I think it is a shame when you are not allowed to share photos of a quilt show.

    Looking forward to seeing those patterns made up......

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I never cease to be amazed at the creativity of quilters. These look wearable. I've been offline for so long that catching up is taking up my morning. Dear Shirley..Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto message from me, as from Nanci above. I've been away for a while and have a lot of catching up to do.
    Where can we ever find the time to make all the wonderful, creative, unique projects that come out of the minds of others and end up in a pattern? Enjoy the process of making one of these unique creations, on your own clock and at your own pace. We'll be applauding from the sidelines whenever you have something to show. :)

    ReplyDelete