Tuesday 13 December 2011

Secret Stitching

Apologies for the lack of posts recently and thank you for showing concern. I have been feeling under the weather and have a course of antibiotics to get through and still feel a bit rubbish. I have had an infection in my nose that has been immensely painful and swollen, at least the face looking back at me in the mirror now looks like me. Sarah's comment was that Rudolph would have been very proud of it. (Hmmm, one less present for her methinks).

I have been stitching and cannot show just what in case certain girlies are viewing. No peeking now.

This pattern is by Mandy Shaw and took a lot of fiddling for a small project. I am pleased with the result though. I hope the new owner will like it. Cannot show you inside as it contains a few surprises.



I found a new use for the humble hexagon and again I cannot show you what it is but the pattern is by Gail Pan.



I am trying to make myself feel a bit festive with this delicious smelling candle from Yankee Candles. It is Kitchen Spice. Love the smell of this one.



Tomorrow we have our last sewing day at Kate's and we are having our Christmas lunch. All the presents are wrapped in readiness.



My fingers did a bit of tap tapping on the send button and I bought another Trish Harper pattern. I am such a fan of Trish's work and would like to make all of her patterns. I am not forgetting though that I still haven't finished Camelot or the Dancing Dollies. The New Year looks to be a very busy time for me with so many projects to manage. Trish's patterns can be found at Broderie.



Hope that wherever you are you are managing a bit of stitching time. Not always easy with so many things to do in the run up to Christmas.

Love Shirley.

17 comments:

  1. All looks fab- But love how you have wrapped your parcels.
    SX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon, Shirley. Looks like your illness didn't slow down your giftmaking, though. They're both delightful. The recipients sure are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor you! I can imagine how painful such an infection is. Hope you feel 100 % soon again. Love your bags (is the hexie thingy a bag?). And yes, I've been drooling over the elephant walk pattern too. But I mustn't, at least not yet. Have a wonderful Christmas lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my sympathies you poor thing, I hope you're all chirpy and well soon. The sneaky peeks are looking great, you've been busy. I love Trish Haprpers patterns, I have my eye on a couple too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you have been unwell. The little handbag is soo cute and have a fantastic day with the girls tomorrow! I love that elephant quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Despite your illness sounds like you still kept up the sewing and have made some lovely things. Can I guess what the Gail Pan project is?
    Hope you had a wonderful day with the girls. Your presents look gorgeous. Love those elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that you have not been well Shirley but glad that the antibiotics are doing the trick. I wouldn't like to think that you were having to work on Christmas Eve leading Santa's sleigh! The bag is lovely and I can't wait to see what delights 2012 brings us from you. Have a lovely Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to know that you are now on the mend.
    But , you have been busy !!
    Have a lovely Christmas lunch too.
    Our Sunday Girls patchwork group are having our Christmas Breakfast on Sunday, then sewing ( I mean talking ) back at the shop. lol.
    I like the elephants too !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh poor you with the sore red nose, hope you are better soon. love the look of the red spotty pressies for you stitching group! and glad you got your pattern, off to bed now for me, should have been there hours ago me thinks !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are on the mend! Your makes all look beautiful - the recipients will be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you have been unwell. It is not a good time to be under the weather. Lots of sewing goodness there and another pattern. I am still looking at Camerlot lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pleased to hear your feeling better! Enjoy your day with the girls
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Blogger was kind and let me leave a comment this time!! Lol! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear you have been a bit under the weather and hope you feel on top of things soon. Your pressies looked tempting and I hope you all had a wonderful day - I bet there was lots of fun and laughter. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry you`ve been poorly Shirley, hope you are fully recovered now. I want to know what is in the little parcels! If I don`t see you have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so hard to be productive and feel festive or even jolly when feeling poorly. They just don't go well together.
    Hopefully by now that's all behind you, and you've been productive and even felt jolly a time or two.
    Ho, ho, ho!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh I didn't realise I had missed this post - sorry you have been unwell - hope you are all better now and Rudolph retained his job (!!) Love how you have wrapped the parcels - and am looking forward to seeing more of the sneaky-peak projects.

    ReplyDelete