Sunday 21 June 2015

Parallel Lines


The Album Parallel Lines by Blondie was one our favourite when my husband and I first met and we played it over and over. I am mentioning it for several reasons. One, because it reminds me of Summer and today is glorious. Two, because it sprang to mind as I am quilting parallel lines on my Trip Around The World quilt. Plus, it is still a great album.

So many tracks to choose from and I hope the link works.

 Sunday Girl by Blondie.

 
I am using no. 16 Finca Perle. The little label inside says Tint 1065. It is a lovely cerise colour and works very well with the mix of pinks and lavenders. I would like to say it will get finished quicker making big stitches but it is hard going on already sore hands. I lke the effect though so on we go.



This week my kitchen has gone from this..........


To this........


It is going to be out of action for another 4 weeks and my dining room has been made into a temporary kitchen. I keep telling myself it is like Glamping. Have no idea really as I have never camped and have no intentions of camping but we can survive it. We have a kettle, a microwave and a crockpot. Oh! and a mini fridge It is not a huge kitchen but I am having painted units and the decorator requested I don't put anything in the cupboards. I would much rather wait an extra two weeks  than spoil the finish.

Progress is being made though. The wiring is all in place. The old floor tiles and wall tiles are gone and there is now a new floor surface. Tomorrow work starts on installing the new one. Cannot wait to see what this week brings. Hope it goes more smoothly than the last week.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Happy Stitching.

Shirley.

13 comments:

  1. Your quilt will be very pretty Shirley!
    Your photo brought back memories. I had no kitchen here for 9 months and survived in one small room with the toaster, microwave and crockpot. Its surprising what you can conjure up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep yourself distracted with the quilting of your beautiful quilt and one day you will turn around and the kitchen will be finished!!
    Love the film clip. I would love to see all those dancing couples now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt & quilting Shirley and take heart for the next weeks XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is going to be sooo cute ! I love it !
    And for the kitchen, let's be positive : you are going to have a new one, it's the summer, so, no cooking with the oven but you can make some salads !
    Good luck ! Hugs !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt Shirley and I quilted my "Licorice Allsorts" quilts in Finca 16 Perle and I found the going much easier when I began running each new strand through a produce called "Thread Heaven" (a sort of lubricant). Sympathise with the kitchen upheaval but it will be worth it - I live in a house that is a WIP!!!!! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your TAW is looking wonderful -- can't wait to see it all quilted! And how fun to be getting a new kitchen -- very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your TAW quilt is looking fantastic. Your "big stitches" look pretty tiny and perfect and the new kitchen will be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching as always. I have my lovely painted kitchen already. Unfortunately I also had an electrician through the ceiling of the kitchen on Friday and now have some repairs to be made to my beautiful painted kitchen. You will soon be back in there cooking and loving you space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilting looks lovely Shirley, it's going to be such a gorgeous quilt - and all done by hand! Your kitchen renovations will be worth the hassle, I'm sure, you'll be an expert at glamping by the time it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cerise is a really good choice. I'm sure that your new kitchen will be worth the upheaval in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are doing well with your kitchen upheaval. Our microwave broke last weekend, and I am suffering without it, but they no longer make the unit we have so we may be following in your remodeling footsteps. I actually like your old kitchen! Wish you could send it to me!

    Love the fussy cutting on your quilt--so much time, but the individual flowers are fabulous and add so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alert Shirley... You have spam comment to delete above mine... Please take it away!!!
    On the other hand... LOVE YOUR quilting... And I now know you have a PRETTY new kitchen...:0))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Stina. It has now been deleted.

    ReplyDelete