Thursday 30 July 2015

I Spy.....

I Spy with my little eye......

A chicken, a cow, a goldfish. Cakes. Mmmmm.

A dog, a bone, paw prints.


A cat, a penguin, a bird house. A boy.


Almost there with the quilting. Just the borders to do now. All these things came from my stash. Surprising what is in there when you dig deep. I have had great fun finding fabrics to use and Maisie has tested it out by finding her own things. She spotted a owl and a bike and a baa. She identifies animals mostly by the noise they make although a cow is a dow. It amuses me listening to her testing words out. Holding her hand up and say "a hand " and then holding the other one up and repeating it as though she is surprised to find another one.


Anyone interested in a kitchen update? Yes?

Oh yes! It has been worth all the mess and upheaval and it is fabulous. A very glamorous kitchen

No, it is not a tv but a rather good extractor fan.

For those who like details. Walls painted in Slaked Lime, units painted in Slaked Lime Mid and the dresser is in Slaked Lime Deep all by Little Greene paint. The worktop is Ivory Fantasy granite. Just waiting for the window blind now. Order is being restored throughout the house. Phew!

I love it.




Back to the stitching.

Happy Stitching.

Shirley.

26 comments:

  1. Dear Shirley,
    love your circles and of course the kitchen is a dream. Great progress on both.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! All of it. Love Love the adorable quilt and your kitchen looks gorgeous -- it's a shame you have to cook in there and mess it up LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilt gorgeous and the kitchen to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the I spy quilt, is it for Maisie? and your new kitchen looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky Maisie ! Very beautiful XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Quilting is just wonderful...and the little quilt is filled with lots of fun stuff...love it...and your kitchen....Amazing it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little quilt is soooo cute !
    And I guess it will be so fun to cook in a sooo beautiful kitchen like that !! It's done Shirley !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute I Spy quilt. I'm assuming it's for little Maisie?? Glad to know that the upheaval of the kitchen renovation was worth it. It looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. maisie's new quilt is gorgeous. A great version of an I spy quilt.
    New kitchen looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful kitchen...lucky you! I love Maisie's quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the best ISpy design I've seen. I love how you used the circles, and so much more practical for fussy cutting. Your new kitchen is rather glamorous and elegant, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The more I see of the circles quilt the more I love it. Fabulous kitchen and what a relief for you to get everything organised. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the white kitchen :) and oh, that i spy is adorable all done up in circles like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks divine! I'm sure you will enjoy it so much more now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful kitchen. I love they I Spy quilt. I'm collecting fabrics to make Gulliver a Star Wars I Spy quilt - I know his dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your I Spy quilt is the sweetest thing. Maisie is a lucky girl and must be so fun now. Your kitchen is truly wonderful. Very pretty granite. The colors sound like they should be greenish, but they do not appear so in the photos. Is the name deceiving? So glad to hear you have survived your kitchen remodel, and in good enough condition to still sew!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous idea for an Ispy quilt. All those little circles so carefully appliquéd. Kitchen looks great. I remember sitting in that kitchen with you many moons ago.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the circles. I'd be very happy in that kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the quilt and your new kitchen.....!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The quilt is beautiful, and your new kitchen is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow on two counts Shirley! Your circles for Maisie are just gorgeous - what a stunning quilt with a difference! I love your new kitchen, too, bet you are enjoying it so much.... mine badly needs doing but it will have to wait a few more years.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you will expand and do a tute on how you made your beautiful and innovative I Spy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this! Did you hand appliqué? And is this for a child? I am looking forward to making a baby quilt soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your circle eye-spys!!! A friend forwarded me your post as I'm hosting an Eye Spy swap right now! Stop by and join us if you'd like. https://myplvl.blogspot.com/2018/05/eye-spy-swap-is-open.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your quilt. Was it turned and hand stitched or was it raw edge? I am wanting to start one. Cheers Chris from New Zealand

    ReplyDelete