They say that nothing good ever comes from staring at the bottom of an empty glass but as I finished my Babycham there at the bottom of the glass was a hexagon. Who would have thought to look there for one. The more I looked the more I saw as they graduated in size down the stem of the glass.
Talking of hexagons. I am still plodding on and still have many more to sew but I am halfway there.
Today I have been indulging myself in a little bit of scrap sewing. Selvedges to be more exact. I had all my scraps neatly stored in a box and of course now it looks like an explosion and I am wondering how I am going to get them all back in the box and shut the lid. It also has not made even a little dent in the mass. This probably will be a wallhanging.
Two more Farmer's Wife blocks which brings the total up to 13.
This was definitely an unlucky number. I discovered that the sizing is completely out on this one. It has gone back in the box until I have the will to put it right and continue. Lesson learned - check the size before stitching. It is so out that no way can I even fudge it.
All the small blocks for Dancing Dollies are done and there are 3 very excited girls waiting in the wings to make their debut on the blogging stage.
Total housebuilding stands at 5. These 3" blocks really do make the most of tiny scraps. Now I knew why I was saving them.
DIY of a different kind. My new bedroom. Well, it will be in a few more days. By the end of the week I expect it to be completely done, new curtains installed and all shipshape. Meanwhile, everywhere else looks rather untidy and will need an early Spring clean.