Sunday 1 January 2012

Building Houses

A new day and a fresh new year and I have started it with a new project. If you want to join in then the details can be found at Jeanneke's blog. I am not sure yet if I will make all 366 houses and if I can stitch them all on time but I will have a jolly good try. They are tiny blocks and I am hand stitching them. One down, 365 to go.



A few days ago I managed to finish this pair of socks. They are for my sister and only 10 months late. I am sure she will be pleased to see them though.



No resoultions this year. I fail miserably to keep them. What I have promised is to just go with the flow of things and to not worry if things don't go to plan. Does it really matter how many UFO's I have or how many more I start? One thing is for sure I am going to enjoy every stitch and I am also going to enjoy seeing everyone else's stitches and maybe with a more relaxed attitude some of those projects will become finished ones.

Happy stitching.

Love Shirley.

16 comments:

  1. Your little house is sweet! I am going to give it a try too and hoping to make it to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a wonderful 2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you avoiding resolutions that way there is no room for failure. Lovely house, you could have your own village if you do them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice colors you use for your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking of joining the house building fun too, but can't manage 366 houses. So I'll make one house per week, but I will make them bigger. I love yours by the way. How long did it take you to stitch it together? Love the socks too and I'm sure your sister will love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its been a long time since I have made a New Year's resolution as I too never manage to stick with them.

    Your socks look great and better late than never.

    I am going to enjoy watching your little houses grow and am definately not going to commit to this one as I still have Klosjes and clamshells to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So may houses...veru cute,there's going to be a population explosion.
    No resolutions for me either..no point, just go with the flow is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great start to the New Year. I love the socks. I bought a book with lots of sock patterns during the year and haven't made anything yet. But not something I want to do in 40C weather that we are having in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The socks look lovely and the house block is so cute. I think you and I have the same attitude, the pleasure of taking some stitches and enjoying the process.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year !
    I love your house block.
    365 houses to go,OMG!
    And I love the socks too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a perfect idea. Good luck with the little houses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute house! I think they would drive me nuts to make though lol!! Love the socks soo.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your first house - I have started mine and will put up a photo tomorrow (I mean later today). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your little house...I must admit I'm tempted to have a go at these little gems :o)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 3" you are crazy!! but you always were.
    Here's to the projects in boxes! Quilts, that are finished take up too much room, make this your mantra...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your houses Shirley. I'm aiming for 2 a week to keep the pressure lower...but mine are slightly bigger!

    ReplyDelete