Friday 24 September 2010

Pie Supper

There has been a bit of activity in the Pie Department this week and 4 more have been added making a total of 10. I have lots cut out ready for prepping for when I get that urge to stitch a few more. They were a nice, easy way to relax this week as I sat with my mum. I know there are quite a few who have indulged in Pies and Tarts and Gisele from Art Escapes and myself are about to launch a new club so keep a lookout for an announcement and anyone wishing to join us can show their produce.



On my return home yesterday there was a package waiting for me. Inside was this lovely pack of pink fabrics from Gisele. They are her leftovers from another project and very kindly donated to yours truly. They are just so pretty. Gisele also made for me the beautiful pink pincushion and can you see that it is a little pie? The accompanying card is a snapshot of a sunset in Jersey. Now, what shall I make with those gorgeous fabrics?!!!! Thank you Gisele for your kindness and generosity. It is much appreciated.



Also waiting for me courtesy of Manor House Publications was the latest edition of Homespun Magazine. Guess what this issue is all about. Yes, it is called The Pink Issue. It must have known that Gisele had sent that parcel as they arrived at the same time. Is there a conspiracy? Lots of lovely projects in this issue to get me thinking. Mind you, thinking gets me into trouble as I plan yet another project. I love the quilt on the left.



As I just mentioned I have been looking after my mum this week as she had to go to the hospital for some tests and to pass the time we played a game of I Spy. Now, we were scraping the barrel a bit as this room was devoid of anything interesting to look at and so we were having clues like screws, nails and even a hook on the back of the bed!!! desparate I know. Well, try playing I spy with someone who has Alzheimers. We were crying with laughing as mum kept forgetting what clues we had already had, although most of the time she did very well with it. It is a wonder they didn't come and tell us to be quiet. Luckily Mum's test was all clear and one less thing to worry about.

Happy Stitching.

Love Shirley.

15 comments:

  1. Your pies are looking great, Shirley, and a bonus that they are non-fattening! That's a lovely parcel you received; I know exactly what you mean when you talk about planning YET another project... I loved that quilt too when I got my copy of Homespun. Glad your mum's tests were all OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pie making..:O))
    What a wonderful gift to you.. loved the pincushion... and the fabrics.. very PRETTY!!! Long till my mag arrives too.. Homespun is always longed for!! Take care of your Mum.. always good to have a laugh like that..:O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pies are looking great, Shirley, great colour combo..
    Love the quilt on the cover too.
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it lovely getting surprises in the mail, especially ones that you haven't bought yourself? A real treat after a difficult week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pie supper looks delicious! And the pin cushion is beautiful; clever Gisele! I'm sure you are relieved that the test your mum had came back clear! Have a lovely weekend. V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your Pie Supper and the beautiful Pie Pin Cushion. I will be waiting to hear more about the Pies and Tarts club. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O , how I love pies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pies are lovely colours, even my DD has jumped in and is doing bright pinks and greens.
    The pink fabrics and pincushion are lovely and soft looking, what a nice treat. Glad to hear you had a good laugh with your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shirley, Glad everyting went well with your mum and it sounds like you had a lovely time together.
    Your Pies look so pretty and I love your pincushion you received. I love that quilt on the cover too - better go down to the newsagents and have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pies are looking good enough to eat Shirley! Love the photo setting, this would make a great club button. Pleased to hear your Mum's tests were all clear :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pies look so beautiful Shirley! I really love the first picture
    Pleased your mum got some good results!
    Lisa ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good news about your mum, you must be relieved. There looks to be a bit of a pink theme going on in the magazine so no doubt you will find some inspiration for those beautiful fabrics. The pies look fun

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy pies Shirley! A lovely story of you and your mum...i find with my mother that if I sit and let her talk she gets more words out and I always feel so good.
    How about that? Pink, and then more pink! It just doesn't get any better does it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pies- You are doing a stirling job with your mum- Its all about playing a game and I hope you will look back and remember that fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't ou just love surprise packages in the mail, eh! and I so love the cute pin cushion! And that magazine.....I so need to start getting that one! I love what I see and it was only the cover, I can only imagine what is inside????

    ReplyDelete