Tuesday 26 September 2017

Karen Styles

 During the summer I had the great fortune of meeting Karen Styles and attending her workshop at Cowslip Workshops in Cornwall.

It was great fun and Karen is a lovely person, generous with her knowledge. We are photographed in front of this magnificent quilt which Karen named Okehampton.




This is the centre of my effort using a fabric from Karen's range called Devon County and going with the colours I was wearing that day. Always the biggest dilemma for me choosing the fabric but I love where this is heading. I know my quilts all end up looking pink but this might be more plum coloured. We shall see in time.


Day 2 was about clamshells and how to get them to line up. Here they are just placed and not stitched down yet. Loving this and could easily see myself making a whole quilt in clamshells. Best do the borders first.



These hexagon rosettes are 3/8" and tiny but they give such amazing results in fussy cutting. My granddaughter thinks they are flowers and asks if she can play with them. I need to frisk her before she goes home as my sewing things often end up in her toy box at her home.

 

As ever at Cowslip whatever the time of year there are flowers on the table.



Safe to say that I had a truly lovely time and met up with equally lovely ladies who I hope will be there next time for another sewing adventure.

Happy Stitching

Shirley.x

16 comments:

  1. Hooray for happy stitching with friends in beautiful surroundings... your start looks so promising and can't wait to see your adventures in going plum... or maybe it will be pink anyway !! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley ,wow love your work,always fun sewing with friends,so glad you had a lovely time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful opportunity. Karen has a lovely Style, hahaha. I'm sure she hears that all the time. I like where your Center is heading and those clamshells are super cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have amazing workshops there at Cowslip - lucky you, and your work is lovely. Your projects alll look gorgeous - love the start of your plum work and the clamshells also are looking good. Amazing wee rosettes. Hehe about frisking your GD!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photo in front of that beautiful quilt. Love your centre! Careful clamshells are very addictive lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky Youuu to meet Karen Styles and that's a beautiful photo !
    Love the fabrics you used for your quilt ! No doubt about that because it's a beautiful combo Shirley ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. waoo well written post about "Karen Styles"

    Thanks,

    MCX Trading Tips

    ReplyDelete
  9. your work is awesome
    very nice
    https://www.technicalnj.com/2018/03/how-to-upload-file-in-web-site-web.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful opportunity. Karen has a lovely Style, hahaha. I'm sure she hears that all the time. I like where your Center is heading and those clamshells are super cute.









    ข่าว

    ReplyDelete
  11. تقدم شركتنا خصومات هائله لعملائنا الكرام كما ان شركتنا تتميز بافضل وامهر العماله المدربه على اعلى مستوى فقط تواصلو معنا نصلكم اينما كنتم والسلام عليكم ورحمه الله وبركاته
    ارخص شركة تنظيف مسابح بالرياض

    ReplyDelete