Monday 16 January 2017

Anticipation

This little quilt named Anticipation has been on my wish list for some time now. It is from a Quiltmania Summer Special magazine. Designed by Kay Harmon and quilted by Darlene Szabo.

One of my promises to myself was to join in a wool applique group at Cowslip Workshops in Cornwall run by Sue Maddox. It seemed the ideal opportunity to give this little quilt a try out.

 
Having tried out several fabrics I decided on a scrappy background in my favourite pinks. There is a lot more cutting out to do yet and things are only placed but it is forming. The light in my sewing room is appalling and I need to do something about it. It also looks like a dirty mark on the fabric but is just a shadow from below.
 

This could be the start of a whole new addiction just in fabric buying, let alone threads and any stitching.

In class all I managed to do was to cut out the flowers but I learned a whole lot from seeing what everyone else was making and they were patient with my questions. Hoping I can manage the next months meeting and with something to show.

Happy Stitching.

Shirley.x


10 comments:

  1. What a lovely choice of project. Definitely putting your own stamp on this one. Don't put this one away before finishing - please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the beginning of something additive and fun. I like the pieced background. It adds a lot of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely new project, love the pieced background. Very sweet.
    Enjoy your new crafty venture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have chosen a beautiful little quilt ! I can't wait to admire it all finished !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wohoo...you made it...a blogpost done...well done...can't wait to see your take on this lovely wall hanging... have fun wool shopping ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something new! Good for you finally doing it. Have fun shopping & collecting & stitching! And have fun with the new group, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely design and a great start Shirley! Lovely also to see another post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet design. Love your fabrics x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete