Friday 10 June 2016

Plus Feathers

Remember last year when this...


Became this.....


Pink border added. I had it in my stash so it was perfect. Size is now 32" square.


Deciding on the quilting is always the hardest part for me and usually where I abandon a project but determination was needed. Cross hatching of the squares, easy enough. Hand quilting using Hobbs Polydown as the wadding and only because I had a piece the right size and the backing was a stashed remnant of cotton dress fabric from Laura Ashley in the 1990's. The colour was perfect. I chose to do an elaborate feather border which I adapted to fit from one of Barbara Chainey's pattern books. After stitching the first corner bit I almost gave up as I thought it would take forever and did not like my stitching.


I persevered and carried on with a bit more until the end was in sight which spurred me on......


Yay! A finish. 

Plus Feathers. 


A bit of an adventure but I love it.

One out of six completed. More to come.

Happy Stitching.

16 comments:

  1. So Lovely! Quilting is for me also the hardest part!

    Have a nice weekend.
    Evelyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So charming, colours and quilting are beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woop ! Woop ! Wonderful and awesome finish Shirley ! Congrats for your quilting !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful finish. That feather border is perfect for such a sweet quilt. It's the blending of simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful and well worth the perseverance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful and well worth the perseverance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love a hand quilted finish and yours is just delightful! well done for sticking to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilting Shirley. Like they say quilting makes the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your perseverance. Definitely worth it, the results are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful Shirley!! Well worth perservering with the feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how sweet! I love your pretty feathers -- they're just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's fabulous! Good job! I was thinking of you today and wondering how you're doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty and feminine. Love it. Marion x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty and feminine. Love it. Marion x

    ReplyDelete