Saturday 3 June 2017

Tulipa

This is the year of the Aussie Quilter at Cowslip Workshops and in the middle of May it was the turn of Irene Blanck.  I have been a fan of Irene's for quite a few years  and was so looking forward to this fabulous opportunity of classes. I chose to make Tulipa. This pattern is in Irene's book Focus on Applique, published by Quiltmania.

As you would expect mine has to look pink. Making it completely scrappy and so far there are 72 different fabrics. Think up to date I have three tulips left to stitch.  Really love this design.

 

Think you can tell we had a bit of fun going on. Irene's gorgeous quilt in the background. As you can see there is quite a way to go yet. Irene called me Stitcherydo throughout the weekend.

 

I wish this app would allow more than 5 photo's but here are a few more versions. Wish I could remember the lady's name who is making this.

 

This beauty belongs to my friend Marie. Mostly Liberty fabrics and looking like her wonderful garden. Soft and gentle and I love it. The stars are cut out ready to go but just placed for show. Love the lavenders.

 

These blocks belong to a lady named Sue who popped in to show everyone her work in progress. This is going to be a wonderful quilt.

 

The weekend went far too quickly but the good news is that Irene is coming back in two years to teach and to hold an exhibition in the barn. That will be one for the diary and one not to miss. Had better get stitching.

Happy Stitching

Shirley.

15 comments:

  1. I love anything Irene designs...beautiful! Your version is lovely. Always amazes me how many colourways are possible x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tulipa too and you amaze me with how many quilts you have on the go. Yours is going to be pink gorgeousness 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the book of Irene and the photo of you both is sooo fun !
    Your block will be gorgeous Shirley....as usual !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another exciting applique. I can tell you had fun auditioning all those fabrics. It's a great photo of you and Irene. Pinkalicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, lucky you! I have her book, but have yet to decide which project to start (like I need another one!). You must live in a place with active quilt groups to pull in so many wonderful teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your pink block! That will be a beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh fabulous!! Love the start of your Tulip quilt and beautiful work from the other ladies. YOu have such gret opportunities at Cowslip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this block...looks like you had the best happy time.
    I also wish this app was easier to crop photos...but at least it works!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilts are all stunning! This one is especially gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete



  15. It's a beautiful fabric and I really want to be with my friends. I also see that I want to get it. You do pretty well. I would like to try to make the clothes you like.


    คาสิโนออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete