Saturday 20 May 2017

Petra and China Blue

This gorgeous quilt is from Petra Prins's new book and all the stars are fussy cut from the Dutch Heritage fabrics. Right up my street. Petra was teaching this class at Cowslip Workshops and so I booked it. Petra's classes are always a delight.

 

Of course my version had to be pink. I changed the background fabric from the one in the kit and I am pleased with it.

 

It is not a big quilt, more cot sized I would say but these are 2" diamonds and hexagons so it will grow quickly.

 

In class, as we finished one star it had to be pinned to the wall and as you can see they all look amazing. My suggestion was that this would make a fabulous group quilt for charity.

 

At my sewing group Margaret's daughter has ventured into a cake making business and one of her products are these gorgeous quilt block inspired biscuits. Thought it went rather well with my not so mystery mystery quilt blocks. What is more, it was delicious. You can check out




 

Happy Stitching

Shirley.

14 comments:

  1. Another beautiful project. I absolutely love those blues!
    Like your choices for your stars
    I have some of that pink hexagon fabric too. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you have got lovelies on the go at the moment haven't you? The blue version islovely but I do like your pinks as well! Fun biscuits - very fitting! The cakes and biscuits on her blog look gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous is that China Blue Quilt. No doubt your version in pink will be as lovely. And that biscuit looks too cute to eat. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley what a fun class and i love your change of colours the pink is so pretty,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful in blue but love your version too. How cute is that baking x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love the quilt of Petra but your quilt in pink will be awesome too ! I can't wait to admire it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been so fortunate to have a class from both Di and Petra. I saw her China Blue quilt last month in Amersfoort. It's beautiful. I like your pink version as well. I can see we are pretty much in the same spot on Petra's not so mystery mystery quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice to be a neighbor to Petra and to enjoy the class. Very lovely quilt blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is going to be another stunning quilt. Thank you for sharing it with us x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh - that's going to be beautiful! You can't possibly go wrong with pink! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete