Monday 6 October 2014

New Hat


In my life I wear many hats. I am wife, mother, sister, niece, auntie, great aunt, granny and I wear them all with great pride. In the last few days I have acquired a new one for I have become a Mother in Law.


This beautiful daughter of mine became a bride to marry her school sweetheart Olly. They have been a couple from the age of 15 and inseparable since. We love him as if he were our own.


A joyous moment when they became man and wife. Happy faces all round.


A tender moment.


Here I am with my immediate family and wearing my new hat.


Little Maisie was a bridesmaid and walked up the aisle with her mummy. Maisie is now a very confident and amusing one year old. That time has flown by.


Sarah and Olly with Bridesmaids, Sarah, Rachel, Leilee, Mel. Groomsmen, Ian, Simon, Lewis, Andrew, Tom, Best Man and Olly's brother.


Sisters.


Of course there had to be some things to be made. Labels for suit/dress covers. Believe me when I say that saved a whole load of time having them labelled. Two waistcoats. Jar covers for jam and chutney made by the bride and groom. Lavender hearts for the dresses. Bunting and baby bunting for the table plan. Not to mention bunting for the top of the cake. Now I need a week away to just do some catching up on neglected stitching projects.

It has been the most wonderful of weekends. The venue at Muddifords Court Contry House was second to none, the Posh Picnic by Scoff was unique and yummy and the Groove a licious Band great dancing entertainment. Amazing flowers by Suzanne, friend of Olly's mum. To share it all with our families and friends was simply the best.
 
 
With Love 

Shirley.


22 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful day. The bride looks stunning as do you and what can I say about beautiful little Maise- well I'm sure she stole the show as much as the bride. Love the hat CILLA x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news and wonderful photos! Love your new hat - I'm going to need one of these before too long. All the hand made touches are beautiful and must have been so satisfying to contribute. Maisie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful in your new hat. What a wonderful wedding day - magical and so very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful wedding and everyone looks stunning particularly the bride and mother of the bride. I am intrigued with THE dress and was it just the shoulder straps that come off. I have been scouring Facebook for photos. Time to relax now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous. A wonderful day for all. Brought back lovely memories of Elsa and Mike's day and all the little bits that make the day so special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. Looks like it was a wonderful celebration. Absolutely love your new hat, it looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations all around.
    Everyone looks stunning, and how cute is little Maisie.
    Gorgeous photos, of a beautiful occasion.
    Love your hat!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations, such beautiful photos and miss maisie looks so cute.
    You look stunning too as mother of the bride.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you all had a wonderful celebration of your daughter's wedding. How lovely! And I'm sure no young man could ask for a better mother in law.
    You all look fantastic by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos of such a wonderful day. Your hat looks beautiful, and I love the photo of the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear, wonderful Shirley,

    This is such a beautiful post! Oh my goodness, I don't even know you and your family but the joy you have felt this past weekend is seeping through my computer screen. Dare I add that you look absolutely fabulous! I love the shade of mauve you have chosen for you hat.

    CONGRATULATIONS to you all.

    Stephanie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful occassion for a new hat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very beautiful hat for a very special day ! :)
    Congrats to your family and yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  14. A day to remember...to cherish ...to hold dear...such great memories were created this loving day!!
    Hugs to you all... Put up feet and rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Shirley, you all look so gorgeous and happy. What a wonderful day for you all to share. The weather looked great. Congratulations to all. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful to see yuor photos Shirley!! I'm so pleased the day went well. You look gorgeous in your hat!! And the bride is beautiful too. Congratulations!! And wee Maisie is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a marvelous success, Shirley! Everyone looks so nice, the weather looks perfect, Maisie is a darling, and your hat is wonderful! I wish the bride and groom many, many years of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's so sweet! I wish them both a lifetime of happiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How wonderful! Congratulations to all of your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a very lovely couple they make and I love Sarah's dress. Your hat is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, how exciting! Everyone looks so happy. You look great in your pretty outfit and Maisie is a cutie. Best wishes to the newlyweds!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful photos if a beautiful wedding. Lots of love to the happy couple xxx

    ReplyDelete